Mobile application versus web application! Might you be confused about the two terms?. There is a misconception out there about these two terms. Sometimes they are used interchangeably, but they are totally different. They are developed and deployed using different technology. A web application is always available online and can be accessed and used by different devices at the same time. These applications run on a web browser. They are made user-friendly by using a screen responsive technology to help in the shrinking down the application to the size of the screen being used at the time of view. These applications can be designed to serve one major purpose or encompass various purposes.web applications are accessed via the internet, and they need an active network for them to be run. They also update themselves automatically. They run on all platforms from mobile to desktop without being choosy to whether the platform is an ios, android, Linux, or windows.
On the other side, mobile applications, commonly known as native applications, are developed specifically for a specific platform. If it is designed and developed for an android platform, it will only run on android and can't run on ios. A user must download these applications from the app store for ios users or the google play store for android users. They are designed to be run on smartphones, tablets, and other small smart screen devices. Mobile applications have access to resources such as cameras and GPS from the device they are run on. They live and use both the memory and the ram of the device they are installed in. Now, let's see how each of these apps is developed and deployed.
Building a mobile application
Advantages of mobile applications
• Mobile applications are faster when compared to web applications
• They have the capability of accessing the hardware resources such as cameras
• The majority of these apps can work offline without the need for the accessibility of the network
• The security features of such apps make them more secure
Building web application
Advantages of web application
• Web applications operate on web browsers. Therefore, they do not need to be installed or downloaded to the user's device
• They have a common codebase. Therefore, they are easy to maintain
• The apps are set to update automatically hence no need for the user to update them